Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    You've got mn Emerson and fn Emma, so mn Catherine and fn Kate is no different to that IMO. But I'd caution against it solely because you're honouring your stillborn daughter in this baby's middle name as it is, and to give her both names that are connected to siblings might seem a bit like she's not actually being given her own identity, if that makes sense.
    I agree with this actually. To me it's okay since as others mentioned you have an Emerson and Emma thing going, but, in this case, because you are honoring another daughter, it might seem like this child doesn't get her own identity. She has names that are shared with other siblings, which, in my opinion, isn't fair.

So I personally would either keep Elizabeth, drop Kate, or keep Kate and drop Elizabeth.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

My Teddy Bear (aka my puppy): Rufus (4-24-13)
    Maeve-Keira-Gwen-Eve-Adeline-Claire-Arianne-Lila-Elsa-Cosima-Elowen-Anna-Lena-Cassia-Faye-Liana-Piper-Violet-Nina-Carys

Rhys-Owen-Flynn-Lucas-Lorcan-Caleb-Ronan-Archer-Graham-Alexander-Henry-Jack-Ian-Seth-Miles-Cian-Sawyer-Emmett

GP: Perseus-Hamish-Mason-Shep-Cassian-Asa-Lavender-Elula-Winter-Mireille-Ophelie-Azalea

I don't think it really matters, honestly. It's not a big deal. Even if Grace decides to go by Catherine, Kate and Catherine will be in good company of naming trends many generations past when it was not unusual for families to have girls name Eliza and Elizabeth. Also, this may be the last girl you ever have, so it would be a shame to not use a name you love. Kate is a gorgeous classic! I love your taste in names. So refreshing.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

I would definitely do it! I get very different feels from Kate and Catherine. I am sure your little Grace will not randomly one day want to use Catherine as her name. I also think Kate goes very well with your kids names.

I think it's fine.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.