Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    If you feel hesitant about using a store bought brand, you can make your own rice cereal quite easily. Plenty of recipes online. I gave my daughter Gerber occasionally and it was fine.

I am all about doing things the simple way. I did a kind of variation on baby led weaning. I let her explore foods and I also fed her purees. She's a year & a half now and she still likes puree items. I mean, adults like them too, right?

I find that a lot of parents who are way into baby led weaning are very passionate & pushy & defensive about it (as are most people who are into anything on the fringe) but I don't see why you can't use some aspects of this parenting trend but also make it work for you & use instant store bought cereals as well to supplement. Or forget the blw stuff entirely. I know plenty of people who put rice cereal in the bottles of infants and they've honestly all turned out just fine. Don't let people make you feel like you just almost fed your baby poison. It's really not that big of a deal. As long as your baby gets the nutrition he needs and you are happy with your choices it's a great life!
    I agree with you. I'm definitely doing it half/half next time. I see nothing wrong with jarred/pouched food when you are traveling, at a restaurant, or just too damn tired to make something. Rowan still eats those organic Sprout and Plum brand pouches of fruit/veggie purees as snacks. I just look at it as another fruit/veggie serving.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I have witnessed so many Moms in my community delaying solid foods to 5-7 month old babies and just trying to shove a boob in their mouth because they're fussy due to hunger. Sorry if that sounds a little harsh, but it's one of my pet peeves. If your baby is staring intently at you while you eat, reaching for food, or fussing when you try to bottle/breastfeed, try some real food. I remember one of the first foods I gave to Rowan was a banana mushed up into a paste with a little bit of cereal and formula in it. She loved it. You can mix cereal with pureed sweet potatoes or squash, mix a little yogurt into the cereal, etc.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Well, we tried jarred bananas last night and he seemed really happy with the idea. He reached for the spoon, opened his mouth, mashed it a little, gave us a scrunchy, shaming frown, and spit it out. He swallowed some after a few tries. I think I'm going to try mushing up some fresh banana tonight. Either way, he's stuck with it for a few days.

I'd like to thank everyone for all of the information and support!
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Killian Bram . Angus Rex . Dexter Linus . Remy Wolfram . Rex Oliver . Wren Winter . Starling Delilah . Augusta Fox . Zinnia Axelle . Thora Violet