Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Best Baby Cereal

We're starting cereal a few weeks early. He needs more than breastmilk and our doctor told us to just try to get as close to six months as possible, which I feel like we've done (he's 22 weeks). I'm looking for personal opinions on brand. Were you ever specifically cautioned against one? I'm really nervous about this and have been researching, but there really doesn't seem to be much to research, to be honest.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

None. Don't use it. It's low on nutrition and babies don't need it, nor are they able to properly digest starch until around a year old.

http://www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk...baby-rice.html

http://www.foodrenegade.com/why-ditch-infant-cereals/
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Bram, Abel Octavian, Abel Roscoe
    Lyra Blythe, Delphi Winter, Elowen Sage, Inka Blythe, Anouk Thessaly

I'm with @milasmama. I'm very passionate about weaning, I think waiting another 2 weeks will make a world of a difference but if you are adamant to start now I would avoid baby cereals. They are loaded with bad things and aren't nutritious.

I did baby led weaning with Amelie (and will do with Daisy) so that's something for you to consider. Baby led weaning is feeding your baby what you eat - No pureed mushes or blended foods, simply what the rest of the family is eating in smaller portions and cut up small to minimise the risk of choking.

Baby cereals are something I'd avoid like the plague if I were doing traditional weaning.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

My goodness, I don't know how I could have missed all of this. It looks like I have a lot more research to do. Thank you for bringing this up.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

Ditto to all this. I wouldn't, personally do cereal. We don't eat any other processed food and very little refined carbs as it is, so I couldn't justify feeding my baby that. The ingredients are terrible, if you look. We also did baby led weaning, and I loved it. She ate unprocessed steel cut oats, like I did many mornings, but that was it for cereal. Some of her first food was meat!