Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    I think it's cute but I like Meadow better as the first time. Violet is getting very saturated and generic. Meadow Violet is so much more special

It's good that someone brought up Alicia Silverstone's son, Bear Blu, because that points out why I don't like this combo. If the first name is a color, the second name shouldn't be a thing i.e. Blu Bear wouldn't work, Grey Skye etc. But the other way around is fine, hence Bear Blu being rather cute.

I think Meadow Violet is lovely, and the Sopranos has been off the air long enough now that you really have to remind people of the Meadow character....it's a nice homage to your show, but it doesn't immediately bring to mind the show.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

Quote Originally Posted by basicsand View Post
    Violet Meadow sounds more like a place than a person. It's great that your husband wants to honor one of your favorite shows. He could choose to do so by suggesting an Italian name. There's an Italian list on this very website. It would seem best to look at the long-term and see how her name would look on her diploma, resume, or wedding invitations.
    Yep.

Violet Antonia would be lovely, Antonia from Tony (Soprano).
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I really Love it ❤

I love it! Yes, it's very descriptive, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Violet is a very versatile name that can be both cutesy and professional, and it can be worn at any age, so I don't think it's too cute either. Middle names aren't even used very often. I think it would be a beautiful, nature-y name! ^_^
    twenty, virgo, college student,
    lover of nature, fairy tales, and anything fantasy˙·٠(◡‿◡✿)