Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Names with the nn Meg?

Hey Berries,

Ok, I have fallen in love with the nickname Meg. (thanks to @axps123 ) I kind of like Margaret, and I don't like Megan, are there any other names that would suit my very classic style?

Thanks so much

~Jasmine
    Jude, blackbird.

Aleka // Audrey // Cass // Chloe // Edia // Etta // Frances // India // Margot // Marian // Miranda // Molly // Rosi // Samantha // Stephanie
    Carey // Dot // Este // Leslie // Petra // Sasha // Tavi // Twila

It could work as a short form for most Marg- names. Since Megan and Margaret aren't to your liking, how about Marguerite, Margot, and Margery?

I have a similar problem! I love Meg, but dislike the natural "origin name" Margaret (and Megan's a bit off, even if I/you did like it, because it's pronounced more like MAY-gun).
    I like the name Megara, but most will only associate it with the Disney princess as opposed to the actual Greek mythological figure (even in the myth, she doesn't do much, and one version has it she's killed by her husband. Yikes).
    I've heard of people using Magnolia, Marguerite, Marigold and Magdalena (and all its variations) as well.
    There's also the unusual-sounding Megane, which is just different enough from plain old Megan you might give it a try.
    The Japanese name Megumi has a lovely meaning ("blessing" or "blessed beauty") but is very unusual.
    There's also the old standby of using a combo with an M first name and G middle, a few E's somewhere in between to try and get to Meg.

Names with Meg:

Mega -- mild, gentle, peaceful
    Megara -- pearl
    Meghana -- thunder
    Megiddo -- from the army's camp
    Megumi -- blessed beauty
    Omega

Names with Mag (I know some people take Mag names and use the nickname Meg)

Magalie -- It is known as the title of a Provençal folk song, and could be derived as a Provençal form of Margaret. You could also just change it to Megalie which I actually think is cute
    Magdalena -- of Magdala
    Magena -- the coming moon
    Magna -- great
    Magnolia

Names with Marg (since Margaret is the origin name of Meg)

Margana -- one who seeks the truth
    Margaretta
    Margi -- direction; marjoram herb; pearl
    Margot/Margo -- pearl
    Marguerite -- pearl

Names that start with ME with a G middle name (there's a lot of combos out there so I'll just make examples)

Melanie Grace
    Melody Genevieve
    Melissa Georgette
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Magalie is cute! I have never really like Marguerite because it reminds me of margarita. I used to love Margot so much, but I'm not too sure on it now. Audrey Charlotte & Margot just doesn't seem right. Margery/Marjorie is ok, but seems a bit dated. I kind of like Mara or Mary (Mara is a family name) but I am not a huge fan of G names. An Allera or Morgana could go by Meg, but both are much to heavy for me. Man I'm picky!
    Jude, blackbird.

Aleka // Audrey // Cass // Chloe // Edia // Etta // Frances // India // Margot // Marian // Miranda // Molly // Rosi // Samantha // Stephanie
    Carey // Dot // Este // Leslie // Petra // Sasha // Tavi // Twila