Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laci or Lacey? - Does Unique Spelling Really Make A Name Unique?

I like the name Noah, but somewhere I saw Noa, saying it was fresh and nice on girls, but it just looks unfinished. Another time, I saw a post saying someone wanted to name their twins Promise and Pashenze (Or something like that). What do you think? And what are your favourite names that are often misspelled?

Demetria SimoneAdrien GabrielMalachi AndreOlivine Sandra

I think a misspelled name is a misspelled name, not unique at all. Names are primarily spoken in day-to-day life, so Pashenze is still Passions, Laci is still Lacey. Except now the misspelled name looks downmarket, unprofessional, and juvenile.

Noa is a separate name from Noah, though. Noa is a girls name, and Noah is a boys name. Both have different meanings.

To me it doesn't really make a name unique. Unfortunetly a lot of parents have the same "idea" and suddenly you get a lot of Emaleigh/Emmalee's instead of Emily.

Plus, everyone will assume "emily" first, and that kid would always have to correct them. There are names that have accepted different spellings like Steven/Stephen or Sofia/Sophia. But some of those are because one's a english version, the other's french...etc..

Quote Originally Posted by east93 View Post
    I think a misspelled name is a misspelled name, not unique at all. Names are primarily spoken in day-to-day life, so Pashenze is still Passions, Laci is still Lacey. Except now the misspelled name looks downmarket, unprofessional, and juvenile.

Noa is a separate name from Noah, though. Noa is a girls name, and Noah is a boys name. Both have different meanings.
    All of this, but I thought it was Patience, not Passions?
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    All of this, but I thought it was Patience, not Passions?
    I thought it was Patience as well.

Just goes to show why a "unique" name is always so great :P