Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Personally I think middles are really only for sentiment or tradition ie for you/your family; how many friends or colleague's mns do you know?
    I'd definitely take the trade; there's nothing particularly ugly or offensive about Shae and I think the flow is fine.
    Fave names: Astrid, Anise, Annika, Cleo, Gabrielle, Holly, Marnie, Mardi, Miranda, Miriam, Poppy, Sydney

I'm from Australia, so when I'm referring to popularity I'm using Aussie lists.

I think Caroline Shae is cute!

As long as you LIKE the middle name, even if it's not love, I'd say use it. If you don't make the compromise will he absolutely say no to Caroline? And could you deal with not using it? Another thing to consider is namer's remorse. If you say yes and end up with a little Caroline Shae/Shay, will you also end up hating her middle name one day? It's a tough call. Hopefully it works out for you!

I can only say what I would do in the same spot, but if it was me I think I would make the deal.
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]

Agree with others, Caroline Shae is lovely. I say go with it
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I compromised with my husband to be able to use Annabelle as a first name his favourite (and only) suggestion is her middle name I think that to use a name you love the compromise is worth is.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Go for it! Caroline Shae is nice!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa