Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: On a girl?

I really dislike that spelling. Gracen or even Gracyn with an annoying trendy Y are better.

I agree it would work with a more feminine spelling. What about Graceyn - combo of Grace and Lynn?

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    It made me want to pronounce it 'Gray-zon'...looks too much like the French word 'raison.'
    I had the same reaction. I'd just go with Grayson, Graysen, or Gracen. Actually I'd much prefer just Grey.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by catloverd View Post
    I only see boy and personally I am starting to laothe this name. Almost every new baby I meet is a Gray/Grayson/Greyson/Gracen etc... it's like no one is original anymore. My cousin even has a Grayson!
    Really?! I know one little boy with the name Grayson so to me it's not super popular. Interesting. He is the child of my mom's good friend and he lives far away from me. I just think that the "Grace" sounding part is pretty feminine sounding.
    mommy to jude meriadoc.

loves:
    eve, isla, ayla, & maeve
    ezra, finn, knox, & ronan

Quote Originally Posted by bai View Post
    Really?! I know one little boy with the name Grayson so to me it's not super popular. Interesting. He is the child of my mom's good friend and he lives far away from me. I just think that the "Grace" sounding part is pretty feminine sounding.
    Yeah, I've personally met 2 (both under 1) and have heard of at least 5 if not more (various websites/blogs - all babies). It all started thanks to the 50 Shades of Gray fandom. Not to mention the many people who use it in the middle spot...

Grayson is number 85 on the SSA Popular Baby names of 2012 list and is bound to go up this year.
    Greyson is number 175

Source: http://www.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/popularnames.cgi

Also for pn what I know it's pn Gray-son (http://inogolo.com/pronunciation/Grayson), not Grace-on. Hence why it sounds more boyish. If you like the sound Grace? Why not just Grace?

I guess if you had to use the name, Gracen would be best to get the pn you want, to me Graison = Gry (rhymes with dry)-son
    Last edited by catloverd; July 13th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables