Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: On a girl?

Graison with an i looks made-up, which makes me dislike it visually. I personally dislike -son names for girls because it literally has a synonym for male in the name. I think there are plenty of masculine names for girls without having to put a name that means "son of ___" on a girl. I don't think this one is an exception. If there was, it'd probably be something like Emerson that has a very feminine sound (as boys' names go). Grey, Gray, Grai etc. all sound very cold and masculine to me.

Graison just looks trendy and wrong. It doesn't look any more feminine than Grayson does. If you feel the need to use the name, spell it Grayson or Gracen. Please.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I like the sound of this name and think it could be really cute in a girl. I'm not wild about that "i" in there though. I definitely like the suggestion of Gracen. The base part "Grace" in there makes it more feminine with the same sound to it, and no pronunciation confusion.

I only see boy and personally I am starting to laothe this name. Almost every new baby I meet is a Gray/Grayson/Greyson/Gracen etc... it's like no one is original anymore. My cousin even has a Grayson!
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

It made me want to pronounce it 'Gray-zon'...looks too much like the French word 'raison.'