Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Choosing between two Berry favorites.

Which one do you prefer: Vivian or Violet?
    Gracie ~ Teen Berry ~ Not Expecting, Just Planning

Vivian, for sure. It seems vibrant and elegant at the same time. Violet has never been my favorite. The color itself is not really my thing, so maybe that's why.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

Viola. Split the difference. It has the buzzy violin-vibration of Violet, but its imagery is less literal/flowery. It's more formal and name-ish like Vivian, but more unusual than Vivian. Great Shakespearean namesake too.

Violet!

Vivian brings up snooty cheerleader in my mind, but it is still a lovely name. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice, to be honest.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Quote Originally Posted by emmabobemma View Post
    Viola. Split the difference. It has the buzzy violin-vibration of Violet, but its imagery is less literal/flowery. It's more formal and name-ish like Vivian, but more unusual than Vivian. Great Shakespearean namesake too.
    This is exactly what I was going to say. lol.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)