Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on Asha, please

Hi All,

So my husband and I decided on a name MONTHS ago for the daughter we are expecting at the end of August. And now he's having doubts... so I wanted to get some outside feedback.

The name we picked is Asha Genevieve.

Our last name is a 2-syllable Indian name (my husband's family is of Indian descent) and one of his concerns is that it's too "ethnic" a name with Asha and our last name, as well as being too unusual for my rather conservative family (which I don't think will be an issue, but if it is, I don't particularly care). At the same time, he's vetoed just about every other suggestion that I've made, and hasn't given any of his own (he's only come up with a list of names that he doesn't want to use..). I'm at a loss for what to do.. I'd love some feedback on what you guys think of Asha Genevieve.

Thanks!

I don't think 'too ethnic' should be a concern (I've spent years searching for any indication of 'ethnicity' beyond European in my family tree...found a bit, but not enough to brag about :-). It's a lovely name, and easy to understand/pronounce, so no worries!

I think Asha is a beautiful name with a lovely meaning. And although I knew it was an Indian name, it doesn't seem very "ethnic" to me, probably because there are a lot of names starting with Ash-, and Asha is easy to spell and pronounce.

Asha Genevieve is a great name! I hope your husband overcomes his doubts about it. :-)
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Veronica ~ Sarah ~ Esther
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Top combos: Miriam Estelle / Paul Augustin

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I love the name Asha and Genevieve! I am of Indian descent and I have been racking my brains to come with names that reflect our heritage and also are easy to pronounce. Asha means so many wonderful things too - life, hope and peace.

I love it. Asha Genevieve is lovely
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Estelle. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Frederic Levi
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Ambrose. Damien Alexei Orion