Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hi from China! If you use Seven as the middle name, you will limit your first name choices to those that
    1. Don't end with an S (Jess Seven will become Jesseven),
    2. Don't end with an 'N' (it can be rhymy or choppy with Seven), and
    3. Are not obviously nouns(Rose, Daisy, Sky, Rain, Phoenix, Jasmine, etc.), occupations (Taylor, Bailey, Spencer, etc.) and place names (Ruby Seven sounds like a video game, Felicity Seven sounds a bit like a beer or drug, India Seven sounds like a code, Jasmine Seven sounds like a new herbal tea, etc.).

With Li you have a few more restrictions, including
    1. The name shouldn't end with an -ee/-ie/-y sound (Felicity Li has the ee ee sound that makes it rather unattractive, and the same goes to Sydney Li),
    2. Don't choose a name ending with an L sound, as it will slur with Li (Brielle Li will sound like Brielee), and
    3. Don't choose a 1 syllable first name... it will be choppy with Li.

Normally, when we give Chinese students English names, we do so arbitrarily, not paying attention to what actually flows or sounds the best with the surname, but it's also a bit of a process (similar to finding the "right" Chinese name). If you had not chosen Seven as the middle name, Phoenix Li would have been cool (with a great link to Chinese culture!), but Phoenix Seven Li is a tad ridiculous. (Note: Also avoid the 'th' sound... even if you can say it, it is quite difficult in China)

Aurora Seven Li
    Adelaide Seven Li
    Astrid Seven Li
    Rosalind Seven Li
    Valeria Seven Li
    Valentina Seven Li
    Cosette Seven Li
    Cressida Seven Li
    Adriana Seven Li
    Alexandria Seven Li
    Esme Seven Li (Ess-may)
    Caterina Seven Li (Cat-er-een-uh)
    Tallulah Seven Li
    Tiana Seven Li
    Colette Seven Li
    Adia Seven Li
    Amelia Seven Li
    Anastasia Seven Li
    Antonia Seven Li
    Antoinette Seven Li
    Augustina Seven Li
    Augustana Seven Li
    Tabitha Seven Li
    Bridget Seven Li
    Eleanor Seven Li
    Fiona Seven Li
    Genevieve Seven Li
    Georgiana Seven Li
    Harriet Seven Li
    Ingrid Seven Li
    Jeanette Seven Li
    Etta Seven Li
    Jordana Seven Li
    Jovana Seven Li
    Juliet Seven Li
    Kendra Seven Li
    Lavinia Seven Li
    Margaret Seven Li
    Marianna Seven Li
    Mariah Seven Li
    Miriam Seven Li
    Natalia Seven Li
    Natasha Seven Li
    Patricia Seven Li
    Rafaela Seven Li
    Ramona Seven Li
    Regina Seven Li
    Roxana Seven Li
    Renata Seven Li
    Viviana Seven Li
    Zara Seven Li
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

Many thanks to rkrd and wintersage. You let me have so many wonderful choices.

tfzolghadr, you are so professional! You said what I want to know. Actually as to the middle name, we have three choices: Seven, Quinn, and with no middle name. We can not choose the last name. Li is pronounced like Lee in Chinese. It sounds that Quinn does not work well Li, for example Juliana Quinn Li, how do you think?

You are right that phoenix is a typical symbol in Chinese culture. But name after phoenix is a bit "old style" in China today. Actually we ever considered Aurora as first name, but it is not that easy to pronounce for Chinese, even like us who leant English for more than ten years.

Juliana Quinn Li is very pretty. Best wishes to your family!

Thank you rkrd. It seems that everybody think Quinn is better than Seven as middle name. Quinn is after my maiden name Qin in Chinese.

I dislike Seven, sorry. Quinn Li sounds like queenly, if you're okay with that, I'd say go with Quinn. I like Juliana Quinn Li, btw
    Otherwise, go without mn or choose something completely different.

Michaela Li
    Fiona Li
    Josephine Li
    Cassia Li
    Delphina Li
    Beatrice Li
    Eugenia Lia
    Vivienne Li
    Alena Li
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna.
    21 years old name nerd. Finally done with uni.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias