Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    @ameliawilliams: I don't think your original post was mean or rude at all. I understood exactly what you were trying to say.

I agree that most people have the same process, just not quite as in-depth.

Expecting #1 in June!

Boy: Quentin Charles or Reid ??
    Girl: Catherine Violet or ??
    Beta fish: Blodwyn

A lot of my friends named their kids a name from the top 10. Some of my other friends took a couple letters from one name and a couple letters from another and put them together.
    Not expecting I just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeleine Hope, Linnea Ruby, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Anneliese, Fiona Lily, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte, Eliza Phoebe, Milena Violet

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Drew, Roman Isaiah, Joel Greyson, Dawson Cole, Griffin Miles, Judah Nathaniel, Greyson Jeremiah, Quinn ?, Evan Robert

I named three kids before I discovered Nameberry and its forums. I looked at lists of names in books or online, discussed them at length with my husband, brought up a few with friends and family members to gauge their reactions, and looked into family names that I might want to use. I also posted on different forums to get a general sense of what people thought, but I took the responses and people's opinions with a grain of salt. I used Nameberry quite a bit when I named my 4th daughter but it was really for the same reasons that I used other internet forums before. I just got some more thorough and lengthy answers to my posts here which were very helpful.

I looked into naming trends and popularity before I knew about Nameberry. I knew about the SSA list and babynamewizard.com graphed these trends. I remember that I referenced both of these sites quite a bit.