Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

How do non-Berries choose a name?

I've been wondering this recently, as most of my facebook friends seem to be pregnant or new moms right now, and the names seem so boring to me. (And before someone comments and says all names are special and unique because they were given with love: I know that. I'm not arguing that their names are bad. I'm just saying naming your kid a top 10 name is boring.) I'm leaving out the people who've mentioned that the name they've chosen is a family name.

Among my friends, names seem to be equally divided into the popular and the trendy. By which I mean they either name their kids William and Olivia/Emma/Sohpia or they name their kids Mason/Aiden/Jaxon and Brinley/Paisley/Bentlee/Macklee.

And I guess my question is this: how does a non-Berry come to choose whichever name they choose? I'm assuming we all know non-name nerds and could ask what their process was, so I'm curious if there's a pattern behind what they choose...whether it's just hearing a name repeated over and over until they love it, or wanting their kid to be unique, etc.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.