Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Last minute help!

Hi all -
    Baby could come any day now and while we have a list, nothing has jumped out as a clear front runner. We could use come help!

We have on our list:
    Calliope (I really dislike Callie as a nn though)
    Ariadne
    Daphne
    Penelope (nn Nell)
    Persephone (dislike Percy as a nn as well, are there any other nicknames?)
    Philomena (nn Mena)

They're all Greek, which is preferable to us, both to honor our family heritage and to blend well with our eldest's name, Athena Josephine Aurelia. This baby will also have a double middle name - either Margaret Pearl or Imogen Pearl.

I'd love to hear thoughts on these names and perhaps some additional suggestions!
    Proud momma of two little humans:
    Athena Josephine Aurelia, b. June 2011
    Daphne Imogen Pearl, b. July 2013
    And three big balls of fur:
    Bruno (Shepherd mix)
    Tallulah (Pit mix)
    Gracie (G. Retriever)

Either Ariadne or Daphne, they have a different vibe though. Ariadne seems more extrovert and Daphne more introvert.

Leave alone names if you dislike the nn's because it will come up by strangers carelessly giving the child a nn.

rollo
    Psalm 23

I adore Calliope, but if you dislike Callie, I wouldn't go for it. That will be the default nn for sure.
    Ariadne is very pretty, and comes with some sweet nicknames. A good choice!
    Daphne is beautiful, but it is one of the more common choices of your list. But not too popular, so I think it would work great!
    I'm not a fan of Penelope, to be perfectly honest.
    Persephone is adorable and stunning. I think Penny would be a darling nickname.
    Philomena is an elegant choice with cute nn. As long as no one calls her Phil!

In conclusion, I like Daphne and Persephone best with Athena. I typically shy away from same letter sibsets, don't like Penelope, and philomena does pretty much rhyme with Athena.

My choice from your list would be Daphne. Athena and Daphne would be fabulous!
    Best of luck!
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Ariadne is a beautiful name and I love the combination Ariadne Imogen Pearl it is so classic and lovely. I think that Ariadne and Athena fit well together as a sibset. Since Margaret means pearl I would go with Imogen Pearl in the middle. Also I love Calliope but if you really dislike the nickname Callie you would likely have to be extra vigilant with people so they don't fall into calling her that, but I think it can be done!
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year

Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle