Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not at all keen on Sapphire. 'Exotic dancer' is a more polite term than what I was thinking of :/ But if you like the nn Saffi, how about Saffron? I went to school with a couple of girls called Saffron nn Saffy/Saffie and I think it's much more wearable

An exotic dancer?

In reply to everyone on this thread I would like to share my side of the story being that my name actually is Sapphire.

I think it's a lovely name without sounding like I'm bigging my self up. As a child I really didn't like having a different name but now that I'm in my twenties I love the fact that my name isn't the same as everyone elses. I know about 7 Hannah's and multiple Charlotte's.

I don't feel my name sounds anything like a exotic dancer, this made me laugh a lot.

I do however really dislike the name Saffron, I do not think it is nice to say.

From, Sapphire.

I prefer Sapphira too (or even Safira).
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Audrey. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne Helen. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Rosalind Anna Belphoebe. Guinevere Cassia Ottilie
    Vanessa Rose Aphrodite. Helena Edelweiss. Talitha Caroline. Aurelia Madelief

Peregrine Lysander James. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Edmund Frederic Altair
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Alaric. Damien Alexei Orion

I love Sapphire, but prefer the nickname Fia. Sapphire has recently been pushed off of even my guilty pleasure lists because my engagement ring has a big honkin' sapphire, and it just seemed weird to keep it around even knowing we wouldn't use it. I'd like to encourage you to use it though! I don't hear exotic dancer in it at all, actually, quite the opposite.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan