Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Judith?

Judith is a classic strong biblical name that would be adorable on a little girl but I really dislike the nn Judy which makes the name loose some of its appeal. Like some other posters I like the nn Jude I think its refreshing and interesting and gives more dimension and options to a vintage name.
    23 year old name lover with a passion for art history married for three years to my much better half
    talking with said partner about trying to conceive our first late this year

I like Judith a lot. I prefer it to Edith or a lot of the crustier old-lady names that get love on NB.

Judy is retro rockabilly cool to me, like Betty or Susie.

Judith itself has a strong-yet-femme unfrilly solidity. I get why it's not popular - it's not a sweet-frilly sort of liquid name that's all vowels and l's, or 4 syllables long and ending in -a. That -th ending, which I like, is too tailored for a lot of people, but I think its a nice contrast with today's trendy names.

But I'm a sucker for Judith/Lilith/Meredith/Elspeth, so that's me.

I love it! It might help that I have never met a Judith though.
    Kit | Susanna

Judith is actually growing on me.

When i first heard that they were naming the baby Judith in the walking dead i was like "rly!? NOOO" and was huffing and puffing over it, but now, after hearing it several times - I actually like it. Not sure I'd use it, but I think its got potential.

I think the walking dead may help revive it, especially as vintage names are very popular atm.

I love it and would classify it along with Esther and Ruth as timeless but currently unfashionable.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.