Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Judith?

Quote Originally Posted by jenna5128 View Post
    I like it, caveat: with "Jude" as a nickname and if it were my name I would correct anyone who called me Judy.

Reminds me of Edith, which I also like.
    Yep, me too! I prefer Jude to Judy as a nn, and I tend to love names with the th ending, like Edith, Lilith, Tanith, Blythe.
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

I have a love/hate relationship with Judith. Some days I think it sounds old ladyish and dated, others I think it sounds striking, romantic and medieval. Right now I'm in a love phase with it so I say yes, go ahead and use Judith. It's lovely.

Not a fan of the nickname Judy though . That definitely does sound dated!

I love Judith. I think it is time for a come back
    [CENTER]
    Mommy to
    Nils David * Serafina Ann

Loves:
    Zia, Lorelei, Elowen, Vera, Adeline, Cordelia, Zorah

Judah, Peter, Fredric, Olin, Dean, Jonah

Judith is the little baby girl within The Walking Dead series. Given the popularity of both the comic and the TV show, I could see it rising in years to come. Also for me, Judy Jetson and the song "Judy in Disguise" come to mind, so it doesn't seem so old to me.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

Looks like Judith is pretty polarizing. I LOVE Judith, but can't get hubby to see things my way. Judith or Judy would be so refreshing IMO.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold