Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Judith?

I think Judith is a fine name. It is a bit old-fashioned, but so are Eleanor, Hazel, Mabel, etc. and those names are becoming popular. My husband's younger cousin (she's probably in junior high now, I think) is named Judith, but she is named after their great-aunt who is a nun. I also went to elementary school with a girl named Judith, so she would be in her mid-20s now. I think Judy is a cute nickname for a little girl. It's not dissimilar from Lucy and Ruby, which many people love here on NB. Also, if Jude is perfectly acceptable for a boy, why NOT Judy for a girl?
    Last edited by thatkathryngirl; July 12th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

I'd have to agree with pps that it's one of those names that's dated, but not dated enough that it will become fresh again soon. My mother-in-law's name is Judy, and she's in her 50s.

Sorry! (For what it's worth, I do think that it would be okay as a middle.)

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

I know about a dozen baby-boomers named Judy/Judith. I'd go with Jude or something else entirely. I don't really like any names that include 'th' except Nathalie (since it's silent).

I'd love to meet a little Judith.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I just can't get behind this one. I don't dislike it, but I would never use it.