Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Edmund and Teddy

DH is stuck on Teddy for a boy, and although I love both Theodore and Edward, neither feel like the "one".

Is Edmund nn Teddy too far-fetched? Edmund makes a good compromise for us since I've been pulling for Desmond but DH isn't as fond.

Thanks!

I really like the name Edmund! It's less common than Edward, which also has all the Twilight associations now. While my first instinct for a nn would be Ed or Eddie (I like Ed better), I think Teddy for Edmund is doable. The "ed" sound is there, which is what gives it the connection to Edmund. Plus, I know lots of people whose kids have nicknames that aren't the obvious ones for the name, and I think it's really cute. Just make sure you don't mind people assuming his name is Theodore at first.
    Susannah ~ Marigold ~ Katharine ~ Violet ~ Annemarie ~ Thalia ~ Fiona ~ Juliet ~ Lucy ~ Elisabeth ~ Madeline ~ Primrose ~ Molly ~ Sophia ~
    William ~ Caspian ~ Timothy ~ Peter ~ Roland ~ Arthur ~ Percy ~ Elliot ~ Llewellyn ~ Nico ~ John Paul ~ Finn ~ Benedict ~ Faramir

Eudo is a classic Norman name due for a comeback (IMHO). I tend to like more serious names than 'Teddy'. Of your choices, I prefer Edmund over Theodore, but Theo over Eddie or Teddy.

I don't think Teddy as a nickname for Edmund makes any less sense than using Teddy for Edward. I love the name Edmund; it's less common than Edward but still recognizable, plus it has the Narnia connection.
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Why don't you do a Super Search to see names that contain "ted"? That may give you some other options to consider.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following