Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Love Evie! I'm working very hard on my husband to be able to use it in whatever form he will agree to. I love Genevieve nn Evie. As long as you start the Evie nn, people won't call her Jenny. I also say Evelyn as EEv-lin, because that's how my great grandmother pronounced her name. I think Evie is good by itself too. Evie Katherine is on my list.
    Maura
    mama to
    Flannery Katherine

I like Evanna and Evangeline. I think Evie is also wonderful on its own. I'd pick a longer middle name to go with it.

sansa – Thank you for these, I love how unusual they are! My absolute favorite is Evening, although given the rest of my list, it might work better as a middle.

sugarplumfairy – I do like the EV idea, though unfortunately Eleanor is one of my least favorite names due to a negative association. I love Elowen though, and shockingly so does my husband! Any other ideas for V names to go with Elowen? Word names are preferred but not required. From your list, my favorites are Evaluna, Everose, Vivienne, and Evening.

aubreylh – That is a beautiful pronunciation. I agree with you that Eveline is far more intuitive than Evelien.

ottilie – ooh, I like EEV-lin…that bumps Evelyn way up on my list

renrose – Thank you! That's beautiful, such a fresh exotic take on Elizabeth.

jenna – Evan is a lovely name, but it's all boy for me. I grew up with a cross-gender name and had a rather terrible experience with it, so I favor feminine names for girls and masculine names for boys. I appreciate the suggestion though!

bonnielyn – I do like the EV idea if I can find the right combo Elisheva is lovely and exotic. I'm going to try this one out on Hubby.

mimi_surfer – Evandra is beautiful, but my husband doesn't like it. Something about a D&D character.

yma – Wow, such unique and thorough suggestions! Yvaine is beautiful, and I love the Arthurian connection with Nyneve! Ivalu's history is fascinating, but I know she's going to be too out there for my frustratingly practical husband. Same with Erelieva (I LOVE the meaning) and Evryali (though she is absolutely swoonworthy)! I'm on the fence about Sunniva. I want to love her but something just throws me. Annevieve is actually quite charming! Lillevi is also intriguing, as my mother's middle name is Lillie.

tuitree – Evita seems like a one-woman name…but I definitely appreciate the suggestion!

maura – You and me both! Thanks for the reassurance, I would be horrified if I went through all this to get the name Evie and then everyone calls her Jenny. Ack! Evie Katherine is gorgeous, by the way.

castles – Evangeline is my all time favorite, but alas, Hubby disagrees! I'm not as fond of Evie as a standalone name…she seems unfinished without a longer form, and less compatible with Ophelia and Lucia.

I've edited the OP to add the current list. Thanks for all of your help!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

Okay, I'm throwing my vote in Annevieve Lily's basket. It's gorgeous! And fits in beautifully with future sisters and brothers. I love that it's long, Solomon doesn't stand out as much anymore. You've got a winner, sweets, no need to look any further!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I dont thin Eviana has been mentioned! I think its so adorable!
    -Kiele