Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best way to do this?

My husband has a very important family member named Mary Alice who we would like to honor in naming a possible future daughter. I like the idea of using the whole name and calling her Mary Alice.

The original had first name Mary, middle name Alice, and went by Mary Alice. I would like our possible daughter to have Mary Alice all in the first name.

What's the best way to do this?

MaryAlice (or Maryalice, I guess. These both look weird to me)?
    Mary-Alice?
    Mary Alice?

Or should I stick with using Mary as the first name and Alice as the middle? The only thing is, I really want her to be called Mary Alice, and I feel like if it's all in the first name, I'd have a better shot of getting that accomplished...

I understand that people will call her what they want (or what she wants, when she's old enough)....still, I really want to use it as a first name.

My first choice is just having Mary as the first name and Alice as the middle. If you really want to double barrel it, I like the look of Mary Alice the best.
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

My favorite is Mary-Alice. This way when she goes to school, both of her first names will be used in the system. If it is Mary Alice as her entire first, it won't register that way. It will also be encouraged to use her entire name, helping with the whole only calling her Mary thing. Keeping all of this in mind, you can't control where your child's name will go, nick name wise. It is very possible that even she will prefer just being called Mary at some point.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Aerie - Simone - Romy - Xanthe - Wylie
    Miles - Zefram - Eli - Ephram - Gannon

I adore Mary Alice! Two of my favorite names. I would NOT use a smoosh or a hyphen. You could always add another middle name.

Seeing as you want to call her Mary Alice all the time I would go with Mary-Alice as a first name.