Results 6 to 10 of 11
Thread: opinions on my top ten:)
July 12th, 2013 06:12 PM #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Pacific Northwest
1. Shiloh- NMS but I see the appeal. Has a cool sound but again, NMS(I like gender distinct names)
2. Cassandra/Calliope "Cassie"-Love Calliope! So pretty. Cassandra seems a bit dated to me, but it works really well as a middle name.
3. Gwendolyn "Wendy/Gwen"-Love Gwendolyn! Never thought of Wendy as a nn but its super cute!
4. Autumn-I like this! I've never met an Autumn before!
5. America-A little too..."I'm proud to be an American" for me.
6. Belle-So cute! Reminds me of my fav princess But I would worry about having all the Isabellas and Bellas out there, that this wouldn't feel interesting.
7. Bay-I'm neutral on this one. I think I would like it more as a midd name.
8. Copeland-I love Misty!(If you are a dancer, you would undertand. Are/were you?) Anyways, its NMS as a first name, but I think it would be a cool middle.
9. Ursula-Too evil octopus for me.
10. Calista-Love! So pretty and it isn'tvery common at all!
11. Lark-NMS but I think its cool! I personally wouldn't be brave enough to use it.
12. Mona-Love this also! I would love to have this as a name.
13. Aislyn-Sounds made up to me.
14. Lilla (Lil-uh)-There would be lots of pronunciation messups with this. Most people would see and think "Lila".
15. Emmaline - I like this! But there are so many different pronunciations. Emma-Lyne, Emma-Leen, Emma-lyn....
16. Summer-I like this one!
17. Rio-Does she "dance on the sand"? Lol(google it if you don't understant my Duran Duran reference). Not a big fan of this one.
18. Avis-I kinda sounds like a creative way to get to the nn Ava.
19. Hailey-Too popular.
20. Cecilia-Love this! One of my faves on your list.
My faves are Calliope, Gwendolyn, Calista, Mona and Cecilia. You have a pretty collective list of a bunch of different styles!Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.
Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett
Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!
July 12th, 2013 06:29 PM #8
There weren't ten on your list... I shrank it to the ones I think are usable.
1. Cassandra/Calliope "Cassie"
2. Gwendolyn "Wendy/Gwen"
4. Ursula - I know one. She goes by Ursy.
7. Aislyn - Spelt Aisling.
8. Lilla (Lil-uh)
9. Emmaline - Spelt Emmeline.
10. Hailey - Spelt Hayley.
Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.
Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.
Beta read The Self Invention: 21 a go-go.
July 12th, 2013 06:57 PM #10
July 12th, 2013 07:54 PM #12
July 12th, 2013 09:19 PM #14
Cassandra/Calliope "Cassie" - My favorites from your list.
Gwendolyn "Wendy/Gwen" - My name. I love Gwen and utterly despise Wendy.
Lilla (Lil-uh) - Lilia and Lilias are similarly pretty.
Emmaline - I like the Emmeline spelling slightly better.
Aislyn - What's wrong with Aislinn? I think the spelling is already complicated enough, personally.
Hailey - A nice enough name, but starting to sound rather datedGwen: Film student, bookworm, and bad influence.
Ismay Cleo Sybella Ailsa Cosima
Prosper Sirius Oberon Malcolm Zephyr