Results 6 to 10 of 11
Thread: opinions on my top ten:)
July 12th, 2013 06:12 PM #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Pacific Northwest
1. Shiloh- NMS but I see the appeal. Has a cool sound but again, NMS(I like gender distinct names)
2. Cassandra/Calliope "Cassie"-Love Calliope! So pretty. Cassandra seems a bit dated to me, but it works really well as a middle name.
3. Gwendolyn "Wendy/Gwen"-Love Gwendolyn! Never thought of Wendy as a nn but its super cute!
4. Autumn-I like this! I've never met an Autumn before!
5. America-A little too..."I'm proud to be an American" for me.
6. Belle-So cute! Reminds me of my fav princess But I would worry about having all the Isabellas and Bellas out there, that this wouldn't feel interesting.
7. Bay-I'm neutral on this one. I think I would like it more as a midd name.
8. Copeland-I love Misty!(If you are a dancer, you would undertand. Are/were you?) Anyways, its NMS as a first name, but I think it would be a cool middle.
9. Ursula-Too evil octopus for me.
10. Calista-Love! So pretty and it isn'tvery common at all!
11. Lark-NMS but I think its cool! I personally wouldn't be brave enough to use it.
12. Mona-Love this also! I would love to have this as a name.
13. Aislyn-Sounds made up to me.
14. Lilla (Lil-uh)-There would be lots of pronunciation messups with this. Most people would see and think "Lila".
15. Emmaline - I like this! But there are so many different pronunciations. Emma-Lyne, Emma-Leen, Emma-lyn....
16. Summer-I like this one!
17. Rio-Does she "dance on the sand"? Lol(google it if you don't understant my Duran Duran reference). Not a big fan of this one.
18. Avis-I kinda sounds like a creative way to get to the nn Ava.
19. Hailey-Too popular.
20. Cecilia-Love this! One of my faves on your list.
My faves are Calliope, Gwendolyn, Calista, Mona and Cecilia. You have a pretty collective list of a bunch of different styles!Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.
Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett
Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!
July 12th, 2013 06:29 PM #8
There weren't ten on your list... I shrank it to the ones I think are usable.
1. Cassandra/Calliope "Cassie"
2. Gwendolyn "Wendy/Gwen"
4. Ursula - I know one. She goes by Ursy.
7. Aislyn - Spelt Aisling.
8. Lilla (Lil-uh)
9. Emmaline - Spelt Emmeline.
10. Hailey - Spelt Hayley.
Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.
Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.
Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.
July 12th, 2013 06:57 PM #10
July 12th, 2013 07:54 PM #12
July 12th, 2013 09:19 PM #14
Cassandra/Calliope "Cassie" - My favorites from your list.
Gwendolyn "Wendy/Gwen" - My name. I love Gwen and utterly despise Wendy.
Lilla (Lil-uh) - Lilia and Lilias are similarly pretty.
Emmaline - I like the Emmeline spelling slightly better.
Aislyn - What's wrong with Aislinn? I think the spelling is already complicated enough, personally.
Hailey - A nice enough name, but starting to sound rather datedGwen
College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"
Mazarine • Cosima • Odette • Iphigenia • Cleo
Emmett • Kieran • August • Malcolm • Zephyr