Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I love Jack but...

Hello everyone! I've been a lurker here for a while now but just decided to finally register. And with that, I'd like to get some opinions on this...

I love Jack Everett for a boy. LOVE it. And my husband's name is John, so that Jack is the diminutive of John makes it even more perfect. But I'm a little concerned about that fact that both my husband and I each have a sister named Jacqueline, and they both go by Jackie. Is that too many Jacks in the family? We'd talk to our sisters about it, and I honestly don't think either would care. They're both very laid back women. But still...is it too much? Too confusing? Or is it flattering using a family name, even if it was more coincidence than anything?

I also like William Everett and Sage Alexander, though not really as much as Jack right now.

I'd use it and tell the aunties it was in their honor ;-)

What about using another form of John like Ian or Sean?
    Mom to Sylvia Caron (May '09) and Linus Roman (born 08.21.13)
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Felix Simon · Arthur · Malcolm · Desmond · Theodore · Jasper
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Fox · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki

I think it's fine. They're different generations, and you can think of it as honoring them.

I know more babies named Jack than any other boys name. So for me I say go with another option.