Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

We have narrowed it down to two names...Which is your pick?

First of all the names that are set names that we have decided on...

Lydia....My grandmothers name passed on for 3 generations. She is thrilled we are using it.

Atalaya(pronounced like Maya,it is a Spanish name ) a name my husband and I both love. I have sentimental feelings for this name as I grew up visiting a castle in SC called Atalaya.

The names to choose from are

*Lydia Atalaya Jane....Jane is a distant family name. My Great Grandmothers Aunt. We would call her Attie

*Lydia Atalaya Ruth...Ruth is my husbands Great Aunt and his side of the family is really hoping we will pick this one because we haven't chosen a name from his side of the family. We would call her Liddy Rue or Attie Rue

Which do you think is best?

I would go with Lydia Atalaya Ruth. Both Jane and Ruth work well but the family's hopes weigh heavily in Ruth's favor. I also love the Rue part of the nn.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    I would go with Lydia Atalaya Ruth. Both Jane and Ruth work well but the family's hopes weigh heavily in Ruth's favor. I also love the Rue part of the nn.
    I agree with this completely! Both are beautiful names!

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Another vote for Lydia Atalaya Ruth.

I would choose Lydia Atalaya Ruth to honour your husband's side of the family. Attie Rue is adorable!
    All the best,
    Mischa.