Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I think you're fine to use either Logan or Finley for a girl. The scenario of showing up to a job interview where a boss isn't sure if you're a man or a woman is ridiculous. a) Virtually no company does in-person job interviews without a phone interview first b) There are a variety of names common outside North America that could be a man or a woman. I'd say five out of every batch of 20 resumes I see are unclear if it's a man or a woman --and WHO CARES?

Now, back to the names:

-Finley Marie: the middle is a disappointment. I feel like for most of your list you just slapped a middle that flows in there without giving it as much thought as the first.

-Carleigh Bronwyn: Please use a standard spelling. Again, it probably doesn't do future daughter any harm, but it makes YOU look trashy when you choose a made-up spelling.

-Claire Faith: I don't mind two one syllable names together. This is the best of the list if you ask me. Claire is much more elegant than Clara, which sounds straight country to me.

-Makiya Grace: I'm sorry to malign your grandmother's name but it DOES look made up and low-classy. However, as a middle, with the family significance, I think it's better. Why not use it as a middle instead of your boring middle names? I've mentioned this on the boards before my in my niece's pre-Kindergarten class EVERY.SINGLE.GIRL --all 8-- have the middle name Grace. Why have one at all?

-Logan Rose: I like Rose as a first but I think it's boring as a middle. Logan Rose is fine, Rose Logan is nicer.
    Latest list:

Girl: Lulu, Eden
    Boy: Leo, Wallace, Grady

Mommy to one sweet little boy who I loved naming Lennox Andrew Michael (Lex for short)

Quote Originally Posted by jenna5128 View Post
    I think you're fine to use either Logan or Finley for a girl. The scenario of showing up to a job interview where a boss isn't sure if you're a man or a woman is ridiculous. a) Virtually no company does in-person job interviews without a phone interview first b) There are a variety of names common outside North America that could be a man or a woman. I'd say five out of every batch of 20 resumes I see are unclear if it's a man or a woman --and WHO CARES?
    I've interviewed for quite a few jobs without doing a phone interview first. Might be a common thing in Canada but it's not common in my part of the US.

There's a difference between not knowing the gender of Japanese or Swedish named person and expecting a person named Logan to be male.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

number three's a winner
    Some people are worth melting for.

-Finley Marie - cute!

-Carleigh Bronwyn - Carleigh.......no. the -eigh is unnecessary and annoying. If you want a feminization of charles go for charlie. (Bronwyn is amazing though)

-Claire Faith - love it!

-Makiya Grace - not my cup of tea but very pretty!

-Logan Rose - Logan? reminds me of loogey or logey... like a booger. I don't even like it as a boys name! don't name you girl after a booger!
    Sylvia Frances - Cassandra "Cece" Clover- Lily Jane - Sybil Andrew Iris - Mireille Louisa Clarine - Susannah Este - Mavis Catherine Ruby - Mabel Blythe - Fiammetta "Fia" Margaret -Olivia "Liv" Evangeline Rose -

Ignatius Ember - Aleph Edward - Abel Brook - Hugo Gabriel - Everett "Evie" Milo Thomas -Max Eyre Felix - Lev Albert Joseph - Samuel "Sam" Asher

I like Claire, Makiya, and Bronwyn the most of the names on your list. I love the name Claire the most - I picture a graceful, intelligent girl/woman. I like the family association you have with Makiya. I have a harder time seeing Carly/Carleigh or Finley on an an adult - they are too cute, if that makes sense. Logan is boring and dated as it is overused for boys.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.