Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Makiya could be a variant of Micaiah, which is a biblical name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Ok brutal honesty first...I think the combinations on your list are either irritating or boring. None of your names are my "style." None of them are Nameberry's "style." That being said, if you really love them, then I say go for what makes YOU happiest...not a bunch of strangers on some internet forum! Your list does seems to be a jarring mix of super-trendy, quick-to-flare-quick-to-fizzle (Finley, Logan, Makiya, Carleigh), and safe/classic (Claire, Marie, Rose, virtue names). I think streamlining your list so there is a little more consistency will be met with a lot more approval on NB.

Working with what you've got, I would rearrange them a bit and change some spellings:
    Finley Rose
    Bronwyn Rose, Bronwyn Grace
    Claire Marie, Claire Micaiah
    Grace Micaiah
    Rose-Marie Faith

I hate it when people say "such-and-such is a boy's name" as if that ends the discussion right there. The truth is that names are alive, and they grow and evolve are affected by history and culture. Many "girls only" names were boys names first. However, Logan irritated me as a boy's name, and I'm not liking it any better on girls. I do think it "works" just fine for a girl, if you do end up choosing that! (do remember that, even paired with a feminine middle, a child is rarely called by her middle--unless she's in trouble!...and yes do consider any subsequent children you may have after this!).

As for Carleigh, 1) I've never understood Carly as a name (is it a nickname? what does it mean??), and 2) the over-complicated spelling will mean a lifetime of correction, first for you, and then for your daughter. Also, it makes me wonder if it would be pronounced car-LEE instead of CAR-lee.

A suggestion: Maybe try to find a classic name that can be shortened to a spunky, trendy nickname (Charlotte-->Charlie, Eleanor-->Ellie, etc.).
    Another suggestion: Your trendy names tend toward -ee sound endings, but you can find more classic names with -ie endings as well. How about Rosalie or Felicity?
    Last edited by capturedcastle; July 12th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by capturedcastle View Post
    1) I've never understood Carly as a name (is it a nickname? what does it mean??)
    Carly is the feminine form of Carl, which is a form of Charles.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

go with Makiya

Makiya Grace

its fresh and there are a lot of all the others out there. new is good with a bit of classic in the middle name. people will have a hard time pronouncing it. maybe try spelling it Makeya, or Makia or Makaya

Makiya Grace! It's adorable. Makiya is generally not my thing, but it's your grandma's name, and that's really sweet. The only other name on your list I really like is Claire, so if you're not set on Makiya Grace, I think Makiya Claire or Claire Makiya would be lovely, too. Makiya's not really my style, but I heard about it when the Duggars used it (one of their youngest daughters is Jordyn-Grace Makiya, I think?), and I remember the meaning being lovely (although I don't remember what it is off-hand!). I feel like I remember it was Hebrew, too, and definitely legitimate. Although I could be wrong... I really like the pairing, honestly, and I think it's a sweet name.

Good luck!