Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks for all of your opinions so far!

I forgot to say, I decided to add Makiya to the list because it was my grandmother's name.

Quote Originally Posted by blessedmommajennie View Post
    Hello all! I am due August 2nd with my first child. It's a little girl! My husband and I have put together this list of our favorite names:

-Finley Marie

-Carleigh Bronwyn

-Claire Faith

-Makiya Grace

-Logan Rose

Please give me your HONEST opinions. I'd also love to hear any suggestions you have. Thank you!
    Finley Marie: It's okay...I don't have a problem with either name, but I think they don't flow too well together. Finley Rose maybe?

Carleigh Bronwyn: LOVE Carleigh, I'm a bit iffy on Bronwyn.

Claire Faith: Just like with Finley Marie. LOVE LOVE LOVE both names, but not together. How about Claire Sophia?

Makiya Grace: I don't care for it at all.

Logan Rose: By far my favorite! Logan is masculine, but Rose softens it up.

Finley Marie: I dislike boys names on girls, but Finley just seems like such a meaningless name on a girl to me, like someone just threw up a first syllable and tacked -ley on the end. Marie always feels like a filler name, but if it has a personal meaning to you I say go with it.

Carleigh Bronwyn: I agree that Carly is a much better spelling. Carleigh looks like it's trying way too hard. Bronwen is a daring middle name and I love the sound of it. Bronwyn is the spelling for males, so I don't really see the point in changing the e to y, since it doesn't change the sound or feel of the name itself..it just makes it look a bit trendy/ignorant on a girl (I don't mean that you are ignorant in any way, so please don't think that; the very fact that you're concerned about this topic enough to come online and ask shows that you aren't. It's just that giving a girl the male spelling makes it seem to others that the parents couldn't be bothered to look up how to spell it or were trying to be unique)

Claire Faith: This is by far the classiest combination, but for some reason I don't really like the way it flows. Clara Faith or Carys Faith both sound better to my ears.

Makiya Grace: I don't like the sound or spelling of Makiya at all, I'm sorry. And Grace is beautiful but seems so overdone as a middle; but as you seem to like it and it may have personal meaning to you, Grace is a good choice as a middle. The closest real-name equivalent I could suggest would be Michaela, which would be lovely with the middle name Grace.

Logan Rose: One of my nieces was nearly named Logan, and so I sort of have more of a soft spot towards the name Logan on girls...but I still don't actually like it. Rose is another that seems like a filler middle, but it's a name I adore, so I applaud you for liking Rose.

If you don't mind, I would suggest the following for names:
    Bronwen Rose (or Rose Bronwen, if you prefer)
    Michaela Claire
    Clara Cai

Yes! Finally someone else agrees with me. Even though she asked for brutally honest opinions, I'm still going to respect her naming style. If I don't like a name, I can say that. That's fine. But honestly guys, if anyone who doesn't like Elizabeth, Caroline, or Vivian enters the forum, you automatically categorize them as bad namers and throw them out. I love the Nameberry community, but it seems really narrow-minded to bash whoever doesn't fit our typical mold. Even though Nameberry is supposed to be place for people who love off-the-grid, unique names, it really isn't. In fact, to an outsider, we probably look like a big band of elitist tastemakers who shun anything that's common, trendy, or creative. Sorry if that offended anyone. End of Rant.
    I don't think anyone in this thread categorized OP as a bad namer or threw her out. In fact she's gotten several pages of nice replies offering help and every "not my style" comment has also had a "sorry" along with it. Furthermore, as a person who isn't into Caroline, Vivian, or Elizabeth all that much, I've had several threads responded to where people congratulated my taste in more off-beat names and offered helpful suggestions despite their styles being very far from mine. None of the posters in this thread so far has been rude and the OP specifically asked for brutal honesty...so what's the point in trying to shame everyone who doesn't like her style?
    Last edited by ameliawilliams; July 12th, 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: wrote Clary when I meant to write Carys ooops
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Finley Marie - Finley is a boy's name, I do like Marie however. Do you like Fiona Marie?

Carleigh Bronwyn - This is pretty, but Carly spelling is better imo, as a teacher it gets difficult when everyone has a name that is spelled creatively.
    However, that aside I think this combo is very pretty!

Claire Faith - Pretty! Claire is stunning and beautiful!

Makiya Grace - This one is okay, it's not my favorite, but it's not bad either

Logan Rose - Logan is a boy's name, if you are into that then it's nice that you combined the masculine first with a feminine middle.

Finley and Logan are both boy names so I vote no, since I do not like boy names on girls. I do like boy nicknames though (Charlie from Charlotte, Joey from Joanna, etc)

Makiya - if I'm pronouncing it right, has that trendy sound that I don't like. It would be a nightmare for her to try and spell out to people.

Carleigh is okay, but I prefer Carly. What about Charlotte?

Claire is my favorite of your first names but I'm not really a fan of how choppy it sounds with Faith.

None of the names are really my style, sorry. I do really like Claire though, so she definitely gets my vote!

edit--

If Makiya actually did belong to your grandmother, perhaps you could put it in the middle spot? Claire Makiya sounds nice. Just my suggestion.
    Last edited by valentine; July 12th, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]