Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elliebean13 View Post
    Yes! Finally someone else agrees with me. Even though she asked for brutally honest opinions, I'm still going to respect her naming style. If I don't like a name, I can say that. That's fine. But honestly guys, if anyone who doesn't like Elizabeth, Caroline, or Vivian enters the forum, you automatically categorize them as bad namers and throw them out. I love the Nameberry community, but it seems really narrow-minded to bash whoever doesn't fit our typical mold. Even though Nameberry is supposed to be place for people who love off-the-grid, unique names, it really isn't. In fact, to an outsider, we probably look like a big band of elitist tastemakers who shun anything that's common, trendy, or creative. Sorry if that offended anyone. End of Rant.
    I don't like Vivian. Caroline neither. Elizabeth is lovely though.

OP asked for brutal honesty and you're going to fault those of us that gave her what she asked for? Seriously? For the record, none of the names are "off-the-grid" or unique. Elizabeth, Caroline, and Vivian are all common so your rant about us fails right there.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by elliebean13 View Post
    Yes! Finally someone else agrees with me. Even though she asked for brutally honest opinions, I'm still going to respect her naming style. If I don't like a name, I can say that. That's fine. But honestly guys, if anyone who doesn't like Elizabeth, Caroline, or Vivian enters the forum, you automatically categorize them as bad namers and throw them out. I love the Nameberry community, but it seems really narrow-minded to bash whoever doesn't fit our typical mold. Even though Nameberry is supposed to be place for people who love off-the-grid, unique names, it really isn't. In fact, to an outsider, we probably look like a big band of elitist tastemakers who shun anything that's common, trendy, or creative. Sorry if that offended anyone. End of Rant.
    You have a point in that I think it's kind of ridiculous for someone to suggest names like Beatrice, Florence, Josephine, or Margaret to someone who clearly has a modern/trendy naming style. I don't names like Philomena or Cressida or Olive, etc., so when a post is full of names like those, I usually stay out of them, since my style just doesn't go with theirs and I probably won't be much help. However, she did ask for "brutal honesty." I think most everyone was at least polite .

I tend to really like unisex/more boyish names. I thought your list was nice! My favorites were Finley Marie and Logan Rose Choose what name speaks to YOU the most! She's your little girl, and even though some people may not respond positively to certain names in a list, people will like it when they get to know your daughter and see that the name fits her perfectly! Here are some suggestions:

Hollis
    Spencer
    Arden
    Charlotte
    Linden
    -Kiele

Carleigh Bronwyn would have to be my pick but I would like to se it spelled Carly Bronwen. LOVE the combo though!
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Bronwyn is great, but I'm less enthusiastic about your other options. Perhaps Bronwyn Mercy?