Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Which name for my baby girl? BRUTALLY HONEST OPINIONS PLS.!

Hello all! I am due August 2nd with my first child. It's a little girl! My husband and I have put together this list of our favorite names:

-Finley Marie

-Carleigh Bronwyn

-Claire Faith

-Makiya Grace

-Logan Rose

Please give me your HONEST opinions. I'd also love to hear any suggestions you have. Thank you!

Finley Marie - Finley's a boys name.
    Carleigh Bronwyn - Carly Bronwen looks nicer.
    Claire Faith - Claire would sound better with a two or more syllable middle name, or go with Clara Fiath
    Makiya Grace - No.
    Logan Rose - Logan is a boys name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

-Finley Marie - I do not like Finley for a girl. I don't think there is anything special or nice about the name for a little girl. (i might revise the opinion slightly if Finley is a family name.)

-Carleigh Bronwyn - I do not like this spelling of Carly. It don't think it adds anything to spunky first name. I do like Carly Bronwyn. Bronwen Carly would be even better.

-Claire Faith - my favorite of your choices, it is simple, feminine, and elegant

-Makiya Grace - Makiya looks like a made up name to me. With all the M and K names out there, I don't think this stands out

-Logan Rose - although Rose softens it a big, Logan strikes me as very masculine. I don't care for it with a girl.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Brutally honest? Ok. Here goes.

Finley Marie - not a fan at all. Finley is of the trendy, last-name-as-girl's-first-name stripe that I can't stand, and Marie is a filler middle.

-Carleigh Bronwyn - What's wrong with Carly? The trendy spelling makes an otherwise unremarkable name slightly cringe-inducing. I really like Bronwyn. Why not use that as a first?

Claire Faith - Claire is great! Faith is also nice, but way too similar in sound. Claire Bronwyn would be better.

Makiya Grace - Makiya sounds made-up and she'll have to spell it/explain the pronunciation her whole life, Grace is a filler.

Logan Rose - Logan is trendy on a boy, and almost obnoxious on a girl. Rose is also a filler middle, but still very pretty. Why not use it as a first?

Sorry if this sounds rude. You did say brutally honest!
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Of your choices the only one I really like is Claire Faith (and I think Claire would go with almost any of the middles you have listed if you wanted to change them around). I love the name Finley, but not at all for a girl. Carleigh is fine, but only spelt Carly. I do not like Makiya or Logan.