Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I've always heard it like ace-ah or "AY-sah" as scarletrune said, above. I think it does have the potential to be a little confusing, as the pronounciation is not obvious from the spelling. I do think that, with that pronounciation, the a$$ nns are not as obvious, at least for little kids who don't spell.

Personally, I don't love it. For some reason, it's in the small category of Slightly Unusual But Trendy Biblical Names that I Should Love but Don't, along with Asher. In theory, I think it's a fine name. In reality, it annoys me.

I don't like Asa Samuel, too much sss with the two 'sa' sounds right next to each other! Also, the ASP initials. Asa Benjamin and Asa James are fine combos.

I think it sounds extremely masculine. I like it w/Benjamin or James.

I think Asa is wonderful! I have only ever heard it pronounced Ay-suh as well. I'm not sure where these alternatives are coming from. I don't think it sounds feminine at all; it is a very strong and sturdy name in my opinion.

I like Asa Benjamin the best, because I think the longer mn balances out the shortness of Asa, but Asa James is also nice. I like both Asa and Samuel separately, but there is too much 's' sound for my ears.
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper

Asa is wonderful! The nn ace is pretty adorable on a little kid too Asa Benjamin is my pick.

As someone who grew up watching One Life To Live, Asa Buchanan was anything but feminine, and is the strongest image in my mind with this name. I adore Asa with the nickname "Ace". I like it paired with Benjamin and James, and am tossing out Asa Daniel as a suggestion.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell