• Cora

26 41.27%
  • Coral

8 12.70%
  • Coraline

29 46.03%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like Coraline.

How would it be mispronounced? Like Caroline? Like Cora-lyn? I'm sure it'll happen occasionally but the occasional mispronunciations shouldn't steer you away from a name you love.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I love Coraline but in my opinion it's too tied to the book/movie (so I guess that being a good or bad thing depends on your opinion of the book/movie). I think it definitely would get misread as Caroline a lot, that happened to the character in the book. It's a guilty pleasure for me because it would get misread so much and I don't like the fact that the author just made it up. I love Cora and a bunch of other full names for Cora, though - Coralie, Cordelia, Corinne, Corabelle, etc.
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Coraline may have the same pronunciation problems as Emmeline. It will probably be pronounced as "line", "leen" or "lyn". In spite of this issue, I think Coraline is the more versatile name as it would give you the option of using all three choices (Cora and Coral as nicknames and Coraline on the birth certificate). Do make sure you don't like any other girls names ending in "line" before you make your final choice.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

As they are, Cora, but I like Coralie (and maybe even Cordelia) even more with the nn Cora. I definitely like Cora more than Coral or Coraline, though. For what it's worth, I don't see it being mispronounced, with Caroline being so popular.

I love Cora! Coraline definately reminds me of the movie. I've never seen the movie, but from the commercials it seemed a little creepy... But thats just my opinion! I don't think the pronunciation would be too difficult. My favorite is Cora! So sweet and charming.
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!