Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Celia or Imogen or...........?

Ok with this question, please ignore the latest 2013 trend on NB! As Imogen, while popular on here, is not hugely popular where I live! Though popular enough that people know how to pronounce it

I recently posted a thread about the name Celia about my love for the name but my concern that its an anagram of Alice (my older daughters name.)

Though my husband is still coming back to Imogen. Which I do love but I'm just not sure. Hubby likes Celia but prefers Cecelia (though I think it's too long for our other names)

The middle name is highly likely to be Christine (MIL name).

So Celia, Imogen or maybe Cecelia.....??

Options still in the mix but down the list - Lucy, Maggie
    Discarded by husband(!) - Rose(ie), Corrine, Violet, Louisa, Eleanor

Thoughts?? Thanks!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

I prefer Imogen to Celia, but Cecilia Christine sounds the best of your top choices (I don't think its length is a concern). Imogen sounds best with siblings Alice and Harry. Also consider variant Cecily.
    Maggie is cute, but I'd prefer it as a nickname to something longer...Magnolia, perhaps? You expressed desire for floral names (Rose, Violet, Heather). Lucy is cute as well. Another name that popped into my mind was Flora, with its floral connection, short length, and vintage-feel that fits right into Alice and Harry.
    Let me know if you'd like any more ideas, I'd be happy to provide.

Celia or Imogen + Christine + (last name). What's the surname's first initial and how many syllables does it have?

Celia if (1) You like the double C initials and nickname CeCe. (2) Your last name doesn't start with a C nor it it 2 syllables.

Imogen (1) Your last name is 1 syllable and doesn't begin with an E. (2) Anagrams bother you.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Last name is Took (pronounced with a hard oo sound like Cook)

I love the flow of Cecelia or Celia Took and Imogen Took but it loses its flow when the mn Christine is added in.
    However, it's one of those situations that I may just have to accept as its a family name. Plus, people won't know middle name in a day-to-day situation.

My hubby dislikes Flora. We have a brand of margarine/butter called Flora and that all he can think of!

With my added comments any other thoughts??

Thanks!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!