Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I always thought it was a boy name!
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Theon Samuel Peregrin, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

There's no reason it couldn't work for a boy. I don't associate it with either gender. My only objection is that briars are extremely unpleasant, and of all the nature names out there I don't understand why Briar appeals.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Even though I know some people think it is a girl name, it has always felt like a boy name to me. I used to dream of having three sons named Levi, Briar, and Hollis.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States

I like it a lot and think it's all boy. I also think of Circle of Magic.

I think it's great. It isn't very common and isn't really associated with a gender for that reason, except by a relative few who already know of characters or real life people called Briar.