Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Oliver, Oscar or...........??

As I find myself in the very early stages of #3 pregnancy (yay!), we are now down to talking names again. Girl names we are pretty consistent, but boys names....well, I just can't grab anything I love now that #3 is more a reality.

So the only two we have remote agreement on is Oliver and Oscar. My husband prefers Oliver, I am more for Oscar. I still quite like Leo as well but hubby not keen. Also, as middle name it's now leaning towards Simon (my husbands name) but I still want Weston (as my maiden name is West), but hubby is now off it as he thinks it doesn't match and is too "trendy".

Names we have discarded - Frederick, Charlie, Alfred, Archie.

So Oscar or Oliver??? I live in Aus and Oliver is popular here (think its #5) but two friends (not day to day friends) have had recent boys called Oscar. Our last name sounds like Cook (with a T )

Any other ideas?? My preference is a 2 syllable names like our other two children and nothing that sounds similar (eg. I chucked Charlie as I didn't want another "eeee" sounding end like Harry). Also, our taste is very much classic and straightforward. Unfortunately, we have a large circle of family and friends and many names would be a double up....

Any thoughts!! Thanks!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

I would go for Oscar Simon or Oscar West if I was in your position. Oscar fits so well with Alice & Harry! If you're not seeing these friends all the time then I don't think it's much of a problem. This would be your little boy's name for the rest of his life; your friends may come and go. Weston is trendy- I think West is fine on its own and much more handsome.

So, for some lovely classics...

Thomas
    David
    Patrick
    Robert
    Reuben
    Joseph
    Edward
    Edmund
    Arthur
    Peter
    Matthew
    Felix
    Andrew
    Jasper
    Daniel
    Samuel
    Tristan

Not 2-syllable:
    James
    Luke
    Theodore
    William

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I would go for Oscar Simon or Oscar West if I was in your position. Oscar fits so well with Alice & Harry! If you're not seeing these friends all the time then I don't think it's much of a problem. This would be your little boy's name for the rest of his life; your friends may come and go. Weston is trendy- I think West is fine on its own and much more handsome.

So, for some lovely classics...

Thomas
    David
    Patrick
    Robert
    Reuben
    Joseph
    Edward
    Edmund
    Arthur
    Peter
    Matthew
    Felix
    Andrew
    Jasper
    Daniel
    Samuel
    Tristan

Not 2-syllable:
    James
    Luke
    Theodore
    William
    Thank you charlieandperry. I really love your analysis of my problem! You know, my husband would probably be more keen on just West to reflect my side of the family so I will definitely raise it with him. I love all your classic names. Unfortunately, many are already family names or very close friends kids names (particularly friends we have known since we were teenagers!). I wish i could get my husband to like Jasper or Felix but he vetoed those ones ages ago. If we had a different surname, I would love Thomas (or Tom) but I think Tom Took would be just too much

I do agree, Alice, Harry and Oscar have a nice (and literary) flow to them

Oscar West is smashing. Oliver West is another good one. Both go nicely with Alice and Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by brigid16 View Post
    Oscar West is smashing. Oliver West is another good one. Both go nicely with Alice and Harry.
    Thanks Brigid. As much as we try to find other names we keep in coming back to these two "O" names! Do you think West as a middle name suits our sibset names better than Weston??