Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    What about Cecelia she could have the nn of Cecile or Cece and I am sure this would be a good fit and Cecelia and Leonard are perfect partners.

rollo
    Psalm 23

Okay, I see. Forgive me, I'm really tired. I think Jemima would be a divine choice. Or Rosemary. Rosalind?

Alice
    Amabel
    Angelica
    Celia
    Charlotte
    Clementine
    Emmeline
    Florence
    Leona
    Marian
    Tess
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

After a long discussion last night, and input from DH's parents who arrived in the UK today, we've slightly narrowed the list down, everything feels a lot clearer in my head too - thank you Nameberry! Our new rough list is the following...

Delphine
    Ophelie/Ophelia
    Pippa - had doubts about how usable this was in France, but we briefly mentioned it to DH's parents, and they are in love with the idea of their little English granddaughter being named Pippa... it's recognised enough there thanks to Pippa Middleton, apparently. It's firmly back on the table now.
    Cosima
    Romilly - worried that the spelling and pn of this might not be so obvious in French.
    Rosemary nn Romy - would Rosemarie be a more appropriate spelling?
    Jemima
    Ottilie/Ottoline
    Marina

MN POSSIBILITIES
    Sixtine - really really love this, if we planned on living in France alone this would be my first choice
    Juliette
    Arabella
    Beatrix - I absolutely love this. It's a nice English link via Beatrix Potter who is incredibly important to me.
    Emma - Family name which we both adore (Leonard would have been Emma Dorothy after my grandmother) but popularity is an issue.
    Manon - same with Emma. I actually think of Manon as the French Emma... such a perfect, classic name but ridiculously overused.
    Perrine
    Francoise - originially mentioned as a joke, in reference to Francoise Hardy, but I definitely feel this is at least a mn possibility now.
    Clara - family name that we don't quite love enough for the first spot.

Again, any suggestions of combinations would be greatly appreciated since I have literally no skill in pairing names!

My darling LĂ©onard Cyrille (Leo) 08/11
    Little lady Juliet Sylvia Perrine (Letty, sometimes Rosy) 09/13
    - breeding program incomplete - planning for next bebe and heading to Southern France 2016 -

Isaline / Elvira / Annabel / Erminie / Flora / Dulcie / Clotilda / Franseza - middle names Sixtine, Fenella, Juno
    Bastian / Raphael / Cosmo / Theon / Bruno - middle names James, Emmanuel

With your new list, I would go with Rosemary. Truly beautiful!

I really like Romilly.