Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 months to go - still very unsure!?

(sorry, I've read through this and not much makes sense. My brain is both stressed with name-finding and pregnancy hormones, so please forgive my rambling)

Our first little girl is due in September and we have no idea on a name yet, and I'm panicking because it feels like time is just slipping away and we're never going to decide! She will be joining older brother Leonard.
    She will be half French/half English - we need a name that will work in both languages since we're probably moving to France within the next 5 years. To make things a bit easier our current list has 3 categories:

FRENCH LIST:
    Delphine
    Ophelie
    Juliette
    Sixtine - so beautiful, would love this in the first spot but totally unusable in the UK
    Ottilie

ENGLISH LIST:
    Rosemary/Rose
    Beatrix - I absolutely love this. It's a nice English link via Beatrix Potter who is incredibly important to me
    Philippa - Would love to use just Pippa in the first spot but not usable in France, according to DH
    Arabella

NEUTRAL LIST:
    Romilly
    Athena
    Clara
    Agnes - We tend to like old fashioned names but this is a bit much for DH, I think
    Cosima
    Jemima
    Matilda
    Leda - Too close to Leonard, unfortunately

A problem we're facing is that anything on the French list will be too French in France for a part English little girl. And anything from the English list will be too English in the UK for a part French little girl. Maybe I just care too much about what people think? Probably.
    Like Leonard is, we're leaning towards her first name being neutral, with a French/English name in the middle.

Any suggestions of combinations, or any suggestions at all for that matter would be wonderful - Thanks!

My darling Léonard Cyrille (Leo) 08/11
    Little lady Juliet Sylvia Perrine (Letty, sometimes Rosy) 09/13
    - breeding program incomplete - planning for next bebe and heading to Southern France 2016 -

Isaline / Elvira / Annabel / Erminie / Flora / Dulcie / Clotilda / Franseza - middle names Sixtine, Fenella, Juno
    Bastian / Raphael / Cosmo / Theon / Bruno - middle names James, Emmanuel

Given your concerns about too French for a half English girl and vice versa, I would have to choose Juliette from your list. There is no way I can see that name as too French for a half English little girl. It is commonly used and well-known in the English-speaking world, so it seems like it would be a great compromise name.

Overall, from your list, I love the following:

Juliette Rose
    Delphine Arabella
    Philippa Juliette
    Clara Beatrix
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Juiliette is totally lovely. Good luck.

I have to agree with the above poster, Juliette seems to be the best option. Juliette Rose is a lovely combo!

Juliette Athena
    Juliette Beatrix
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Hi there! Nice list. I'm in England, I've lived in France from time to time, so I hope I can be helpful.

I think Delphine, Ottilie or Athene (changed the spelling) would be your best choices. They're pronounced almost identically in French and English (assuming you'll pronounce Ottilie O-tee-lee/O-tuh-lee). I know an English Delphine who lives in London, and no one thinks her name is strange. Over all I think English people (at least in the southern parts) are so used to Frecnhies that we don't think about it anymore.

I think all of them work with Beatrix in the middle.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]