Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Caroline VS Charlotte? Which and Why?

Between these two, which do you prefer and why?
    Thanks!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

I prefer Charlotte. I like the sound in general better, and for some reason Caroline feels a bit dated to me. I also prefer the nickname options for Charlotte - Char, Charlie, and especially Lottie! Love it! I know it's on the rise as far as popularity goes, but I feel like it will always be classic (on-trend, not trendy). But go with what you love! That's most important!
    Lily

TeenBerry

Interest in family history, classic literature and mythology led to a love for names!

FAVORITES OF THE MOMENT:

Gentlemen: Jude, Oliver, Felix, Jasper

Ladies: Aurelia, Evangeline, Genevieve, Aurore, Beatrix, Adele

Gosh, it's so hard to choose! I love Caroline just a little bit more than Charlotte, but I can't really explain why. I think I like the crisp sound a bit better. They are both gorgeous, though! I have to say I like the nickname Carrie (if you are going to use a nickname) better than Charlie or Lottie.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Caroline, since it's now not as popular as Charlotte.

I prefer Charlotte in general. It just seems softer and sweeter and more selfless, and while I like Caroline (and love the nn Cara!), I can't help but think of the stuck-up, oh-so-frustrating Caroline Bingley that I always wanted to just kill whenever I read Pride and Prejudice, haha. She's so awful! Caroline is lovely, though, and I think it's lovely for you (Caroline Eva? Maybe? For some reason I just love that combo for you!), and I love meeting little girls named Caroline.

Plus, I adore the nns Lola and Lottie for Charlotte!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter