Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

32 Weeks and NO GIRL NAME! Help!

Hubby's picks are : Atley, Hadley and Arianna

Some that I like are : Gemma, Summer, Zoey, Annabelle, Adeline

Sister's name is Isla Rae

The only name we can SOMEWHAT agree on is Atley MN Grace to make it a little more Feminine since it's traditionally a male name

Can anyone come up with a couple names that are a happy medium? Every name I throw at DH he puts down. I just want some fresh ideas to throw at him, he doesn't seem to like the old lady names, he seems to lean toward modern-ish names, but I don't like "made up" names. I can be more flexible than him but I'm still not sold on Atley. What do you think of the name Atley Grace for a girl?

TIA,

Nicole

I've never heard of Atley, but Atley Grace is pretty cute. I'd prefer something I little more familiar (especially with your concerns of it sounding "made-up"). Since you're the more flexible one, there's a few here in his style and lots with adaptable nicknames that could fit both of you.

Ainsley
    Emerson nn Emme
    Amabel
    Aria nn Ari
    Caitlin
    Tamar
    August
    Avery
    Sydney
    Gianna
    Harper
    Piper
    Teagan
    Bailey
    Cecily
    Elinor
    Haley
    Thalia
    Addison nn Addie
    Waverly
    Ellison nn Ellie
    Madison nn Maddie
    Madeline/Madeleine nn Maddie
    Tamsin
    Amber
    Skyler nn Skye
    Somer (sounds like Summer, but spelled modern for him)
    Becca
    Virginia nn Ginger
    Georgia nn Georgie
    Sera
    Whitney
    Violet
    Elizabeth nn Eli
    Adele
    Emmaline
    Daisy
    Caroline/Carolina nn Carrie
    Sumner
    Tessa
    Scarlet
    Johanna
    Annika nn Anna
    Mila
    Sadey
    Quinn
    Auden
    Lilah
    Dolores nn Lola, Lolita
    Katherine nn Kit
    Samantha
    Last edited by bibliophile; July 11th, 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: More names

What about Audrey? Similar sounding to Atley, but more feminine? Avery?

I've never heard of Atley before, but it's okay. I'm just afraid if she says her name someone will say, "Hi Ashley" since that is a more commonly heard name.

Suggestions: (You mentioned the middle name "Grace", so I chose names that go good with that name if you decide to use it)

Lily Grace
    Audrey Grace
    Audra Grace
    Kelly Grace
    Gemma Grace (Would the GG initial bother you?)
    Carina Grace
    Audrina Grace
    Arianna Grace
    Jada Grace
    Juliette Grace
    Mikaela/Mikayla/Makayla Grace
    Haven Grace
    Ember Grace
    Stella Grace
    Christiana Grace
    Leonie Grace
    Emme Grace
    Layla Grace
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

Quote Originally Posted by nicoledm View Post
    Hubby's picks are : Atley, Hadley and Arianna

Some that I like are : Gemma, Summer, Zoey, Annabelle, Adeline

Sister's name is Isla Rae

The only name we can SOMEWHAT agree on is Atley MN Grace to make it a little more Feminine since it's traditionally a male name

Can anyone come up with a couple names that are a happy medium? Every name I throw at DH he puts down. I just want some fresh ideas to throw at him, he doesn't seem to like the old lady names, he seems to lean toward modern-ish names, but I don't like "made up" names. I can be more flexible than him but I'm still not sold on Atley. What do you think of the name Atley Grace for a girl?

TIA,

Nicole
    Hmm...
    In all honesty I dislike Atley Grace, I think Atley is a strange choice and teamed with Grace just looks really odd. The only name I'm actually keen on is Arianna. I think Arianna is really pretty and has a very rich wholesome Italian vibe. From your choices my favourites are Annabelle and Adeline. In all honesty I don't think Isla and Arianna works together as a sibling set. Whereas I think Annabelle & Isla sounds very pretty together, I do prefer the spelling Annabel which is far less fuss and looks more 'together' with Isla. Rae is obviously the feminine variant of Ray and feeds into your partner's taste for modern choices. You could use a middle name similar to this for Annabelle/Annabel.

Suggestions:
    Annabelle/Annabel Morgan
    Annabelle/Annabel Tate
    Annabelle/Annabel Kyler
    Annabelle/Annabel Lawson
    Annabelle/Annabel Sawyer
    Annabelle/Annabel Lyle

Other suggestions:
    Harper
    Mila
    Peyton
    Taylor