Names Searched Right Now:

First name to go with middle name Gerard

My husband and I already know we want our son's middle name to be Gerard after my grandfather, but we are having no luck settling on a first name. Our first son is named Wells, our last name is Monroe. That name came so easily to us, but we are really stumped with this second boy. Here is the list I am considering now -

Desmond (Desi or Dez as a nickname)
    Ferris
    Ellis
    Rory
    Harris
    Declan
    Marcel
    Quincy

Any feedback, suggestions, or favorites?

I love Wells. I, generally, like family names. For this reason and for the best complimentary feel with Wells, I think Ferris and Harris are my favourites. I really love Ellis but think it sounds too much like Wells. I know an Ellis who has been called Ells his entire life, they just sort of run together. Great options!

Desmond: I really don;t care for it, and the nicknames Desi or Dez seem girly.
    Ferris: I like this one and I think Ferris Gerard sounds really good.
    Ellis: it's ok, but I'm not big into unisex names for boys. Like Ferris, it does go well with Gerard though
    Rory: I love the name Rory! I don't think it flows *quite* as well with Gerard (I think it's all the Rs) but it's definitely my fav first name from your list, and Rory Gerard is still good, as long as the repitition of the r sound doesn't bug you.
    Harris: This is my favorite "s" ending name from your list. Harris Gerard is great! I think this one is my favorite
    Declan: Declan Gerard is nice
    Marcel: not my fav name, and I don't think Marcel Gerard flows that well either
    Quincy: great nickname of Quin and it sounds good with Gerard. Quincy Gerard.

other suggestions
    Hayes Gerard
    Alden Gerard
    Lucas Gerard
    Owen Gerard
    Oliver Gerard
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

I would eliminate a couple of names on your list right off the bat because they are too similar to Wells (goodbye, Ellis and Marcel). Ferris is too associated with ferris wheels and the film "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Rory is a unisex name that I find childish and I don't think it goes well with Gerard (too many r's). Harris Gerard is heavy on the r's too so that leaves three names still standing...

Desmond (fave)
    Declan
    Quincy

Other Suggestions

Ewan
    Fergus
    Tate
    Garrett
    Finn
    Pierce
    Bryce
    Duncan