Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Violette by far! It's such a beautiful name with her brother Luc (which is a wonderful name, by the way).
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully

Hmm...
    For me I prefer Violette too Juliette. Violette is really elegant, demure and adds a shiny femininity to Violet (even though I do prefer Violet) whereas Juliette is just far to fussy and over the top. Juliet is already a very elegant, feminine choice. Juliet even oozes feminine connotations due to Shakespeare's play and she's already gorgeous - I think the extra letters just adds fuss which isn't needed - thus I dislike Juliette but love Juliet. Whereas I think Violette is gorgeous!

I much prefer the dramatic, stunning and romantic-sounding Juliette. I know it's a Nameberry favourite but I just can't get into Violet; it seems harsh to me. In both cases though, I like the more streamlined -et ending better.

maltwin1, you pronounce Juliet and Juliette [very] differently? I say them both joo-lee-ETT... thinking about it Juliette could be more like zhoo-lee-ETT though. Is that what you meant?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I love love LOVE Juliette
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Elaine, Madeline Hope, Linnea Carys, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elizabeth, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post

maltwin1, you pronounce Juliet and Juliette [very] differently? I say them both joo-lee-ETT... thinking about it Juliette could be more like zhoo-lee-ETT though. Is that what you meant?
    Actually its funny, anyone I've ever known who used the Juliette spelling pronounced it the exact same way as if it were Juliet. I'm not sure if that was an error on their part or if it is truly just a different spelling of the same name. Violet and Violette, however, I have heard as very different. I'd heard Violette on a tv show recently (Mr. Selfridge) and I was curious about it so I looked it up. From everything I've read it is totally different pronunciation from Violet. I believe the nameberry page mentions this also. I actually haven't looked up Juliette so I'd be curious to see what it says about its pronunciation.