Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: River and Maple

Very obvious nature vibe. If that doesn't bother you (doesn't bother me ), then go for it.

River is on the top of my list. Not sure if I can help you with the femininity as I struggle with that issue myself. I personally think of it as a masculine name, but I know there are those in the world who would lean to thinking it as feminine. And it doesn't help that I paired it with the name Ashley, haha. But Ashley is supposed to be a masculine name, so blah. Anyway, I don't think of it as a big issue as River IS a unisex name, and is currently much stronger on the boy side to top it off.

2012 U.S. SS top baby names rank for River:
    407 for boys.
    And 686 for girls.

Also, it really depends on where you live, but I think that there are probably a lot more tease-able names out there on the playground today.

tfzolghadr had some lovely suggestions.. either for a first name or to go with River as a middle.

Good luck!

Callista; 21; ♎☉ | animal; long-hair advocate; planner
    Mother to 4 guinea pigs ~ Ganon, Impa, Din, and introducing... Tetra!
    ♂ | Link ❂ Soren ❂ River ❂ Shepherd ❂ Gabriel ❂ Harlan ❂ Salem ❂ Killian ❂ Peter ❂ Finneas
    ♀| Fawn ❂ Luna ❂ Faye ❂ Rhian ❂ Kelsea ❂ Katarina ❂ Delphine ❂ Maxine ❂ Margaux ❂ Greer
    Visit my "About Me" for my full (lazy) list

I love River on a boy! Yes, you get a nature-y vibe going with Maple, but I think it's a great vibe to have. I can't imagine anyone making fun of River, honestly. I can't even make up any jokes about it.

P.S. I think River Henry would be perfection.

I think River is a beautiful name for a boy. Every name starts somewhere! River can be ferocious and wild as well as soft. I love it but like you, my partner isn't keen. He feels it may be too unusual. It goes perfectly with Maple. Good luck!

i absolutley adore both of thoes names!

i absoltuley adore both of thoes names! (expecially River) Now i can see where he might get a little teased about being named after something in nature but i dont think it'll last long. its soo cute! and for Maple is cute too but i personally would use it for a middle name. so if your husband ends up not wanting to name your baby River or Maple you could always use it as a middle name(:

Quote Originally Posted by alannamaree View Post
    i absoltuley adore both of thoes names! (expecially River) Now i can see where he might get a little teased about being named after something in nature but i dont think it'll last long. its soo cute! and for Maple is cute too but i personally would use it for a middle name. so if your husband ends up not wanting to name your baby River or Maple you could always use it as a middle name(:
    I already have a Maple! So it's silly that I worry about teasing with River - I guess I just think boys might have a harder time with a "pretty" name rather than a strong one.
    Maple Violet and Penelope Wren