Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I like Colbie for you, like Colbie Caillat. Also, I don't think Campbell would be a problem. I taught a little girl named Campbell once and it was never an issue.

I, too, was prepared to tell you to name your daughter whatever you choose. Given the circumstances, though, I have to side with your SIL. My ex cheated on me with someone whose name is my DD's middle. Even after five years, I'd give nearly anything to change my own daughter's name.

The first name that came to mind was Colbie. I think it's much more modern than Cody, and just as friendly to boys as girls. Other suggestions would be...

Cameron
    Camden
    Campbell
    Chase
    Connor/Conner
    Cruz
    Christian
    Carlisle
    Cyd (as in Charisse)
    * James * Henry * Baker * Ronan * Harry * Rhys * Shepard *
    * Maisie * Beatrice * Sadie * Violet * Zoey * Mary * Caroline * Juniper *

I am usually all for ignoring family reactions on names - but it seems that they have a legitimate reason to dislike the name. That is a pretty negative association that I wouldn't want family members tying to my baby if I were in your shoes.

Colby and Cady are fantastic ideas. Chandler is cute too. I heard a dad call for a little girl Chandler in a store once, and I thought she was adorable.

If you have your heart set on it, use it! Have a sit-down with your SIL and tell her that you understand why she may object to the name but you are going to use it. This is the exact reason I NEVER tell anyone my name choices until after the fact, I hate it when someone tarnishes a name that I love. If you want to try something alternative, however, you could look at Carter, Clayton, Connie, Colby or Chris...

Chandler
    Carver
    Chase
    Channing
    Cole
    I personally think Charleigh, Carson, Cal, and Channing is adorable!