Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    I definitely think it is worth looking for another name...name associations can be so strong! What about Cayo? It is a boy's name meaning Joy/Happiness.
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

I wouldn't use Cody if it's such an issue for your in-laws. However, if you did choose to use Cody, they would soon associate that name with your daughter only. They would love her and the name would soon have positive connotations for them. But if you're not married to the idea of naming your daughter Cody, then choose something else! There have been plenty of nice suggestions already.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Gotta agree with most other posts - Cody is a cute name but totally not worth the bad blood with the MIL and SIL. If you put yourself in your SIL's shoes, it's hard not be sympathetic. Rational or not, this name still has a very painful association for her. Has she ever asked you not to use any other name? If not, I'd give her a pass this one time.
    I really like some of the other suggestions for the use of Chandler. I wouldn't use it for a boy, but in a girl it's really unique. I actually know a woman named Chandler who went by Chanie as a girl (sounds like ch-Annie) so it has a nice NN too. If you think it sounds too much like Charleigh, I really like Cameron too. GL!

Some of these may have already been mentioned, sorry for the repeats. Good luck with finding a name!

Canyon
    Casey
    Colby
    Christen
    Cameron
    Corin
    Carter
    Corey
    Chase
    Chance
    Chyler
    Camden / Camdyn
    Carmen
    Cyan
    Cole

Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    Oh, how utterly ridiculous! Not to mention rude. What you name your child is nobody's call but your own. Your in-laws are being petty, silly, and appallingly childish. Use the name.
    Totally agree.