Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vivian and Vivienne have different pronunciations to me. Vi-vi-anne or Vi-vi-EHN.

And I like Philippa Eleanor.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Quote Originally Posted by brigid16 View Post
    Is Whitt a family name? If so, I'd go for Vivian Gray and Philippa Whitt.
    If Whitt isn't a family name, then I like that Eve is also a one-syllable middle. Philippa Eve is very classy.

I like Vivienne, but it's pronounced differently to me-- vi-vi-EN versus VIV-i-un. I personally prefer both the look and sound of Vivian, and I like that it matches the rhythm of Philippa, but Vivienne is also a good option.
    Yep, Whitt is a family name on my side; I do think it balances well with Gray, which is on DH's side, just worry how it'll work with our one-syllable last name. Eve is actually in both of our family trees.

I do worry about that with the -enne spelling! The only thing I worry about with -an is that it's also the masculine form here in the UK. I like that it's less fru-fru, though.

Vivian is my preferred spelling of the name. Vivian Gray sounds wonderful! Personally, I like Philippa Winter the best followed by Philippa Eve.

Vivian Gray and Philippa Winter - oh they look and sound good together!!!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love Philippa Winter! I prefer the Vivian spelling, but I can see how Vivienne would go with Philippa as well.. This may not be an issue for you, but I worry about giving one child a family name and not the other :/
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

I also pronounce them differently Vivian (VI-vee-an) versus Vivienne (vi-vee-EHN). I like the look of Vivienne better with Phillipa. For middles, I love Vivienne Gray and Phillipa Rose -- same syllables in the first and middle names, plus the color connection between Gray and Rose. Gorgeous names!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996