Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Maple and her brother

I posted this a few months ago in the girls forum, but since I really need help with boy names thought I would post here too. Just found out I am pregnant on Friday. My daughter is named Maple. That's as unusual as I can go, lol. But I like nature names and I like "regular" names that have some spunk. My candidates so far are:

Henry (after husband, he goes by Hal)
    Rex (maybe too golden retriever?)
    Harrison (grandmother's maiden name)
    Maxwell (I grew up in between Mapleton and Maxwell st, I like Max, but maybe Jessica Simpson has feminized it too much?)
    Denver - Colorado native, kind of unique, but familiar without being made up or hard to say/spell (my favorite kind of name!)
    Harbor - family name is Harbour, but that's probably too girly. Also go to Harbor Springs every summer so it has some meaning

Any opinions or new suggestions? I have a lot of girl names I like so not so concerned with those.
    Maple Violet and Penelope Wren

I really like Denver or Harbor with Maple. The rest feel too dressed up next to Maple, IMO (excluding Rex, but my childhood dog was Rex so I just can't see it on a child)

Congratulations on your new addition! I love that all your name choices have personal meaning. Good luck!
    Mommy to Archer Thomas (4)

TTC since May 2012!!

Married to my best friend since March, 2008 <3

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I think a nature of word name would work best. Of your choice, I like Denver and Harbor the best. I love Birch and Forrest but with Maple, they are too cutesy.

Other possibilities:

North, Archer, Canyon, Falcon, Slate, Stone
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

My favourite from your list is Henry, though maybe a little bland next to big sis Maple. I also like Harrison, Maxwell - though I prefer Max alone, and Denver. My favourite nature name for a boy is River, I also like Fox and Wolf(e)
    Current Loves: Tobias Henry and Sebastian Keith