Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lc3smomma2011 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions! The difficult thing is finding a name his family hasn't yet used, many of those listed above have been used in the family. His Spanish side is huge & goes for names like that. I do like Emilio & Matteo very much though!
    You could also Americanize a Spanish name or better yet use a variation (Uncle Carlos to Charles to Charlie). With such a large family, you could honor his and your ancestry and heritage without being too literal about it. Even female names can turn masculine (Aunt Rosa to Rose to Roscoe). The variety of possibilities are endless.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Quote Originally Posted by basicsand View Post
    You could also Americanize a Spanish name or better yet use a variation (Uncle Carlos to Charles to Charlie). With such a large family, you could honor his and your ancestry and heritage without being too literal about it. Even female names can turn masculine (Aunt Rosa to Rose to Roscoe). The variety of possibilities are endless.
    Never thought of it like that, thanks for that suggestion! He has an uncle names Marcos which is where I kind of got Marcelo from. Ezra was more of a name my SO liked because it was biblical. All of our nieces & nephews have biblical names, Faith, Gabriel, & Zion.

I *love* Ezra. If my husband didn't hate it, it would be a contender, but admittedly, Marcello goes better with your other son's name (to me at least).
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

They are both slightly matchy with Lorenzo, in different ways (Ezra/enzo... Marcelo/Lorenzo)... but if you don't mind that, both are great names. I think Marcelo fits with Lorenzo much better than Ezra. I would stick with the Spanish theme. Mateo feels less matchy even though it ends in O, since it is shorter. Maybe your SO will like its religious meaning?
    Top Contenders:
    Cora ~ Esme ~ Fiona ~ Gwyneth ~ Hazel ~ Lila ~ Mara ~ Sylvie ~ Thea ~ Zara
    Archer ~ Donovan ~ Emmett ~ Ezra ~ Julian ~ Leo ~ Rhys ~ Sawyer ~ Theo ~ Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post
    They are both slightly matchy with Lorenzo, in different ways (Ezra/enzo... Marcelo/Lorenzo)... but if you don't mind that, both are great names. I think Marcelo fits with Lorenzo much better than Ezra. I would stick with the Spanish theme. Mateo feels less matchy even though it ends in O, since it is shorter. Maybe your SO will like its religious meaning?
    I mentioned Matteo to him & he doesn't like it so much. He likes Ezra & what it means.