• Gwyneth

17 14.05%
  • Margaux

16 13.22%
  • Cecily

34 28.10%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I voted Cecily but also suggest Celia

I love Margaux and Eloise. Margaux is on our list, too, because my husband thinks that Margot looks too much like maggot. He was happy when I told him there is an alternate spelling because he loves the name!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I like Margaux but not the spelling of it, prefer Margo or Margot. I also like Cecily. Have you considered the name Cecilia? Very close to Cecily...

I had a really hard time picking between Eloise and Cecily. I settled on Eloise, but I really think either would sound lovely with Lila and Nora.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

Thanks for all the votes and replies! Looks like the names are pretty closely tied, with cecily only slightly ahead. It's so helpful to get your input! I really trust the taste of the nameberries.

I've studied these lists on the website tirelessly, but unfortunately dh is super picky and vetoes just about everything.

He loves Mae, but I have a negative family association with it. So we considered Mabel but got very bad reactions to it from people around us.

Margo I like, but am not in love with. It sounds a little frumpy to my ear, but it's one of the few names we agree on. Margot spelling looks like maggot, and dh doesn't like Margo-hence Margaux (which I worry may be a little pretentious?).

Eloise I fell in love with but have hesitation because I don't want her to be lost in a sea of "Ellie's and Elle's). Is that an inevitable nn?

Rmbear-I ADORE rose but haven't been able to get dh on board... He says it isn't "fresh". But I'm continuing to try because I love it.