Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Are you a Paparazzi Mum?

When I was little, my parents couldn't afford a video camera until I was about two, so most of my baby videos are after that time and there aren't that many. The only ones before that are tiny snippets of me after being born - which came from my grandparents video camera. For a long time, I vowed that when I eventually have kids I want more footage of them (We'll see :P ), of course my parents have heaps of pictures; but to see your own, little personality on-screen at that age is so interesting! And you learn or remember things about yourself as a little person/

So are you one of those Mums that takes loads of pictures and digs out the iphone or video camera to capture almost anything or do you know Mums that get carried away with it?

P.S this isn't meant to offend anyone, its just out of curiousity.
    Last edited by sodallas3; July 11th, 2013 at 04:01 AM.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

i hope to find a balance between not losing some precious mementos and losing precious quality time because im busy taking pictures instead of actually being involved with them.
    i have a horrible memory and picture or consciously trying to embed an event in my brain as it happens is the only way i can hang on to the details so pictures and video will definitely be big in my family.
    plus its great to have those things for your kid to look back on and remember when they are grown up. i remember loving going through pictures and different projects my older siblings made when i was little and learning about them and my parents.
    i recently regretted giving away a lot of 'junk' in a move because afterward i thought about how ever though i no longer cared about some artwork i made in middle school, it might have been fun to be able to show it to my kids one day. so im trying to hang on to certain things more now and be more discerning when i try to de-clutter my house lol.

Why do we have to label everything these days, it seems to try to make people feel guilty? Paparazzi parent is an awful term.

I take photos of my kids, sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all. I don't take videos as I can't edit or deal with them on the computer. It doesn't stop me being involved in their lives. I also have a bad memory and it helps me remember things, as does keeping a journal of my life and memory books for my children.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by malk View Post
    Why do we have to label everything these days, it seems to try to make people feel guilty? Paparazzi parent is an awful term.

I take photos of my kids, sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all. I don't take videos as I can't edit or deal with them on the computer. It doesn't stop me being involved in their lives. I also have a bad memory and it helps me remember things, as does keeping a journal of my life and memory books for my children.
    It wasn't a label, it was just a general title - I think you may have read way too much into it. I used as a bit of a pun. That's all. I was just curious about whether everyone is as big on taking photos and videos of their kids as now there's so much technology to capture special moments. I'm sorry it offended you.
    Last edited by sodallas3; July 11th, 2013 at 04:14 AM.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Kind of agree with orphanedhanyou - parents need to strike a balance between recording too much and living in the moment. I take few photos in my life because I want to be in the moment. My husband, on the other hand, takes photos all the time! Together I think we'll strike a good balance as parents!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter